The Library reopened for limited services on July 20. It is open Monday through Friday from 1 to 6 p.m. for:
- Browsing for brief periods (up to 30 minutes).
- Borrowing items and picking up holds.
- Placing holds (with help from librarians).
- “Express” computers (two available, limited to 15 minutes) and library catalog computers for finding items.
- Printing: Librarians can print documents you have online or on thumb drives (20 pgs. or less), or print yourself using Express computers.
- Reference questions.
The following are not available during the limited reopening: sit-down public computers, seating & tables, study rooms/meeting rooms, and indoor WiFi use (outdoor use ok). All programming will continue to be done virtually.
Patrons are required to wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth; it should be worn when entering and exiting the library, and whenever you are less than 6 feet from others. The library can provide masks and face shields if you do not have one.
Curbside pickup continues on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
For patrons needing disability accommodations while the library is operating under conditions to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, please contact Library Director Mike Boedicker using this form or calling 637-1057. The library is committed to safe access for all.
Thank you for following these measures so that we may safely serve you!
Several patrons have called and asked why items they’ve returned are still listed as checked out on their online accounts. The answer is that Seymour Library (and all other MCLS libraries) now quarantine all returns for at least 72 hours, in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines for safe handling of materials. After 72 hours, the items are then checked in, back-dated to the original return date (to avoid fines for items that were returned on time).
The Library is pleased to offer curbside pickup of library materials, by appointment, starting June 2.
Please read this entire post before calling or coming to the Library.
- Pickups are available, by appointment only, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 6 pm.
- Requests are accepted 12-6 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays by phone: 637-1050. Email requests are not available at this time.
- Up to 5 items may be checked out per card. Please have your card ready when calling us.
HOW TO REQUEST ITEMS:
- Search our catalog to see what items are currently available at Seymour Library: https://catalogplus.libraryweb.org/?config=BKPORT1
- Call the library 12-6 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays at 637-1050. Have ready your library card and a list of up to 5 items you would like.
- Our staff will take your requests, find the items, and schedule your pickup time while you’re on the phone.
- Arrive at the Library during your scheduled time; please be sure to bring your library card or a valid ID (i.e. driver’s license). Park in the library lot and walk up to the marked window on the immediate right of the main entrance; if no staff are waiting at the window, please ring the bell. You’ll show staff your ID, they will place your items on the window sill, and checkout is complete.
“Is this library now open for onsite services?”
Yes, we opened July 20 for limited services Monday through Friday from 1-6 p.m. Details.
“What about items I’ve put on Hold myself? How may I pick up those?”
To collect your Hold(s), please call us Monday-Friday 12-6 pm (637-1050) and we’ll schedule the pick up. We ask that you limit yourself to 5 items (the same limit as curbside pickup) when placing items on Hold.
“Are your book drops open so I can return items?”
The Seymour bookdrops are now open to all patrons 24/7. You may return checked-out items when you pick up curbside items, but not at the same window; you will be asked to place your returns in either of the bookdrops (walk-up or drive-up). Please note that all returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in, so they will not be removed from your card immediately; when checked in, they’re back-dated to the original return date to avoid fines for items that were returned on time.
“When are borrowed items due?”
For items checked out before we closed to the public on March 17, due dates were extended to June 29, 2020. For items checked out on or after June 29, due dates are the normal periods: 3 week loans for everything except DVDs (which loan for 1 or 2 weeks depending on type).
“Are you accepting donations?”
No, not at this time.
The above procedures are new to us and may be adjusted as time goes on. Thank you for your patience!
The Survey is now CLOSED. Thank you to all who participated! Congratulations to Alana Fuierer, who won the drawing for the Wegmans gift card.
The Library is planning future programs, including a Summer Reading program for children, teens, and adults. Because our re-opening date is uncertain due to COVID-19, we are asking patrons for feedback on virtual/online programming options.
Please take a minute to fill out our survey. Respondents will be entered in a drawing for a $20 gift card to Wegmans.
The library has completely revamped this website, and while much of the old content remains (in different form), there are new content and features as well:
- Search the MCLS library catalog for books, DVDs, and more, or login to your Patron Account, all from within our website.
- There is now 1-click access to OverDrive downloadables (ebooks, digital audiobooks, etc.) from our homepage, and from Digital Library in the main menu.
- All of our subscription databases can be found in Digital Library, organized by category and A-Z.
- Have a question? Try “How Do I…?” in the main menu.
- The Friends of the Library and Foundation now have their own pages.