The Library is pleased to offer curbside pickup of library materials, by appointment, starting June 2.
Please read this entire post before calling or coming to the Library, and note that the building remains closed to the public due to COVID-19.
- Pickups are available, by appointment only, Monday through Friday from 1 to 6 pm.
- Requests are accepted 12-6 pm Monday through Friday by phone: 637-1050. Email requests are not available at this time.
- Pickups are not scheduled more than two days out (i.e., current and next day).
- Up to 5 items may be checked out per card. Please have your card ready when calling us.
HOW TO REQUEST ITEMS:
- Search our catalog to see what items are currently available at Seymour Library: https://catalogplus.libraryweb.org/?config=BKPORT1
- Call the library 12-6 pm Monday through Friday at 637-1050. Have ready your library card and a list of up to 5 items you would like.
- Our staff will take your requests, find the items, and schedule your pickup time while you’re on the phone.
- Arrive at the Library during your scheduled time; please be sure to bring your library card or a valid ID (i.e. driver’s license). Park in the library lot and walk up to the marked window on the immediate right of the main entrance; if no staff are waiting at the window, please ring the bell. You’ll show staff your ID, they will place your items on the window sill, and checkout is complete.
“What about items I’ve put on Hold myself? How may I pick up those?”
To collect your Hold(s), please call us Monday-Friday 12-6 pm (637-1050) and we’ll schedule the pick up. We ask that you limit yourself to 5 items (the same limit as curbside pickup) when placing items on Hold.
“Are your book drops open so I can return items?”
The Seymour bookdrops are open to all patrons Mon-Fri 1-6 pm, the same hours as Curbside Pickup; they will be locked all other times. You may return checked-out items when you pick up curbside items, but not at the same window; you will be asked to place your returns in either of the bookdrops (walk-up or drive-up). Please note that all returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in, so they will not be removed from your card immediately.
“When are borrowed items due?”
All items currently out, and all new checkouts, are due the same date: June 29, 2020.
“Are you accepting donations?”
No, not at this time.
The above procedures are new to us and may be adjusted as time goes on. Thank you for your patience!
The Survey is now CLOSED. Thank you to all who participated! Congratulations to Alana Fuierer, who won the drawing for the Wegmans gift card.
The Library is planning future programs, including a Summer Reading program for children, teens, and adults. Because our re-opening date is uncertain due to COVID-19, we are asking patrons for feedback on virtual/online programming options.
Please take a minute to fill out our survey. Respondents will be entered in a drawing for a $20 gift card to Wegmans.
The library has completely revamped this website, and while much of the old content remains (in different form), there are new content and features as well:
- Search the MCLS library catalog for books, DVDs, and more, or login to your Patron Account, all from within our website.
- There is now 1-click access to OverDrive downloadables (ebooks, digital audiobooks, etc.) from our homepage, and from Digital Library in the main menu.
- All of our subscription databases can be found in Digital Library, organized by category and A-Z.
- Have a question? Try “How Do I…?” in the main menu.
- The Friends of the Library and Foundation now have their own pages.