The Library is pleased to offer curbside pickup of library materials, by appointment, starting June 2.
Please read this entire post before calling or coming to the Library.
- Pickups are available, by appointment only, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 6 pm.
- Requests are accepted 12-6 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays by phone: 637-1050. Email requests are not available at this time.
- Up to 5 items may be checked out per card. Please have your card ready when calling us.
HOW TO REQUEST ITEMS:
- Search our catalog to see what items are currently available at Seymour Library: https://catalogplus.libraryweb.org/?config=BKPORT1
- Call the library 12-6 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays at 637-1050. Have ready your library card and a list of up to 5 items you would like.
- Our staff will take your requests, find the items, and schedule your pickup time while you’re on the phone.
- Arrive at the Library during your scheduled time; please be sure to bring your library card or a valid ID (i.e. driver’s license). Park in the library lot and walk up to the marked window on the immediate right of the main entrance; if no staff are waiting at the window, please ring the bell. You’ll show staff your ID, they will place your items on the window sill, and checkout is complete.
“Is this library now open for onsite services?”
Yes, we opened July 20 for limited services Monday through Friday from 1-6 p.m. Details.
“What about items I’ve put on Hold myself? How may I pick up those?”
To collect your Hold(s), please call us Monday-Friday 12-6 pm (637-1050) and we’ll schedule the pick up. We ask that you limit yourself to 5 items (the same limit as curbside pickup) when placing items on Hold.
“Are your book drops open so I can return items?”
The Seymour bookdrops are now open to all patrons 24/7. You may return checked-out items when you pick up curbside items, but not at the same window; you will be asked to place your returns in either of the bookdrops (walk-up or drive-up). Please note that all returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in, so they will not be removed from your card immediately; when checked in, they’re back-dated to the original return date to avoid fines for items that were returned on time.
“When are borrowed items due?”
For items checked out before we closed to the public on March 17, due dates were extended to June 29, 2020. For items checked out on or after June 29, due dates are the normal periods: 3 week loans for everything except DVDs (which loan for 1 or 2 weeks depending on type).
“Are you accepting donations?”
No, not at this time.
The above procedures are new to us and may be adjusted as time goes on. Thank you for your patience!